6 membres en ligne. Connectez-vous !

Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Recherche dans le sujet
In Paris in Spring/Summer
Salut! Je suis désolé, mais mon français c'est terrible. J'espère il n'est pas grossier pour écrire ceci en Anglais.

Also, my English spelling is terrible, so please forgive that!

Hello,
my friend and I are taking a gap year (so we are both 18/19) and are travelling around the World. We are flying out to China on Monday! From there we cross China, Russia and into Europe where we will tour around.

Beautiful Paris is, of course, on our destination list.

Now, I've been to Paris before; and I've seen to Eifel tower, and all the wonderful cathederals. I've been to the artists' quarter; and everything else a tourist does.

But this time I don't want to just be another gawking kid tourist, thronging around and buying stupid trinkets from African men under the tower; I know Paris has more hidden beneath her streets! I don't want to be a tourist, I want to be a visitor!

My friend and I would really love it if we could find someone to show us around the Paris catacombs. As you can see, I'm very passionate (it took me a while to dredge up my secondary-school French, I want to make an effort though), and so is my friend, and we are very curious. We can pay as well; it would be worth it for a proper look at Paris.

I read all about the Catacombs at Infiltration.org, and I did a lot of research before deciding that there's no way I'd try something like that without a guide; I want to be a safe and responsible visitior (apart from the 60E fine if we're caught. I think it was 60E).

Anyway, this post has become very long; if anyone can help us that would be terrific. As I said, I have (very) limited French, and my friend has none; but I'm willing to make an effort!

-Will
Je suis désolé; mon Français est mauvais.
Répondre
Don't pay for visit, never... Only journalist have to pay for see the "underground".

Send me a private message if you want, tell me when you come exactly, and i will be happy to show you some good places if i can.

See you !
Je suis à  côté de la plaque...et c'est le cas de le dire !
Répondre
Alors là  tu portes haut les couleurs de la France à  l'étranger. C'est qu'ils vont bientôt croire que les parisiens sont trop sympas, tous ces foreigners.

Ils vont vite déchanter quand ils commanderont un café avec un verre d'eau dans une brasserie.
Répondre
Alzimut a écrit :C'est qu'ils vont bientôt croire que les parisiens sont trop sympas, tous ces foreigners.

J'men fous. J'ai décidé de renier ma nationalité parisienne car je ne suis pas un gardien de musée. D'ailleurs, la seule chose qui me pousse à  rester ici pour le moment, c'est le sous-sol.
Je suis à  côté de la plaque...et c'est le cas de le dire !
Répondre
Citation :I read all about the Catacombs at Infiltration.org, and I did a lot of research before deciding that there's no way I'd try something like that without a guide; I want to be a safe and responsible visitior (apart from the 60E fine if we're caught. I think it was 60E).

Actually if you get caught by the police in the catacombs and that you have a foreign passport, they won't be quite able to make you pay... So don't worry and enjoy... But be careful anyway and take care of the places you'll visit. Smile
The reason there is so little crime in Germany is that it's against the law.
[Alex Levin]

Les cons aiment être flattés, les intelligents aiment être critiqués.
[Frédéric Beigbeder]

Caracal, j'ai un gyro plus grand que le tien !
Répondre
Thank you very much everyone! Cheers H; and I couldn't understand Alzimut's message; and the Google Translator made a very funny paragraph in English when I tried to use that. But Hello! G-Squad, that's good to know, thanks!

:-)
Répondre
G-Squad a écrit :Actually if you get caught by the police in the catacombs and that you have a foreign passport, they won't be quite able to make you pay... So don't worry and enjoy...

Je serais pas si catégorique, a ta place.

Ca peut prendre des mois, mais les PV passent de mieux en mieux les frontieres, de nos jours.
6kg de raclette .. ouais .. est-ce bien raisonnable ?
http://www.catacombes.fr/
Répondre
hobowill a écrit :and the Google Translator made a very funny paragraph in English

Effectivement :
"Then there you carry high the colors of France abroad. It is that they soon will believe that the Parisian ones are too sympas, all these foreigners. They go quickly déchanter when they order a coffee with water glass in a brewery. "

Llol pas encore au point
Répondre
Spyou a écrit :Je serais pas si catégorique, a ta place.

Ca peut prendre des mois, mais les PV passent de mieux en mieux les frontieres, de nos jours.

Mon ancien prof d'allemand -allemand- roule dans sa voiture allemande -immat' allemande-. Sur la route de nemours-la-plage, il s'est garé comme un porc sur un GIG-GIC sur le parking d'une mairie pendant qu'une dame en bleu grattait tous les autres véhicules. La sienne n'a pas eu de petit papillon sur le pare brise. Quant je lui ai fait la remarque, il m'a dit qu'il procédait comme ca depuis deux ans et qu'il n'avait jamais eu à  payer.

Idem pour la SuGe, la procédure pour faire renflouer les sous de la poche d'étrangers coà»te plus cher à  la SNCF que ce que ça ne leur rapporte. Grosso modo, ils lancent des poursuites une fois sur X, juste pour le principe, mais sans trop de conviction non plus.

La justice au delà  des frontières en matière contraventionnelle, ca reste un domaine très chiant, avec des procédures lourdes.

La france et l'allemagne viennent de passer un accord pour éviter ce genre d'incidents, mais la mise en pratique, elle va mettre du temps à  parvenir jusqu'au terrain...

Le risque zéro n'existe bien sà»r pas, mais déjà  que pas mal de procédures intra-frontière sont shootées, alors s'il faut se casser le cul pour aller chercher un mec par voie d'huissier de l'autre côté de l'atlantique... :roll:
The reason there is so little crime in Germany is that it's against the law.
[Alex Levin]

Les cons aiment être flattés, les intelligents aiment être critiqués.
[Frédéric Beigbeder]

Caracal, j'ai un gyro plus grand que le tien !
Répondre
Alzimut a écrit :
hobowill a écrit :and the Google Translator made a very funny paragraph in English

Effectivement :
"Then there you carry high the colors of France abroad. It is that they soon will believe that the Parisian ones are too sympas, all these foreigners. They go quickly déchanter when they order a coffee with water glass in a brewery. "

Llol pas encore au point

ba, c est pas si mal. ca se comprend presque lol Icon_lol
ca pourrait straduire par : "Here you carry high the colors of france. They are soon going to believe that parisians are really nice, all these foreigners.
They are going to be quickly disapointed when they will order a coffe and a glass of water in a Starbucks" :twisted:
Surfeur un jour, surfeur toujours ! Quoi !? tu sais pas ce que c'est un vaporisateur ??
friends don't let friends longboard.
Les libertes ne se donnent pas, elles se prennent.
Répondre
Citation :ba, c est pas si mal. ca se comprend presque lol

Yes it is hard to understand! But I'll make sure to not go to Starbucks in Paris :-)
Répondre

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)