7 membres en ligne. Connectez-vous !

Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Recherche dans le sujet
[Paris Catacombs] Have: map, access. Need: good company!
Hi!

I just arrived in Paris today, and I really want to do the catacombs. I've wanted to see them for years, but never had a chance until now. I have a map and access info, but I still need some good company! I'm also up for anything else subterranean... maybe even sewers. Although I'm a bit of a beginner, I am very enthusiastic, and I have had experience in some UK drains/sewers. The only problem is I don't speak French (I studied Spanish in school instead) Sad. But would anyone like to meet up and explore? I'm definitely here for this weekend, and the beginning of next week. Sorry; I know this is short notice. After Paris I plan to see some things in the north of France, and then eastern Europe. I will be passing through Paris again very briefly at the end of the month though to get a train back to London, if no one can meet up now.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some photos I've taken, so you can see that I'm not a complete n00b:
[Image: IMG_1681.JPG]
[Image: IMG_1666.JPG]
[Image: IMG_1670.JPG]
[Image: 4759455954_65aeaabdf2_b.jpg]
[Image: 4758792853_345ea00f8a_b.jpg]
[Image: 4759318622_346f5e1644_b.jpg]
[Image: 4758731047_6333fb27b6_b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1630.JPG]
[Image: IMG_1640.JPG]
[Image: IMG_1637.JPG]
Nobody expects...
Répondre
Cardinal Awol a écrit :(I studied Spanish in school instead)

KarlHungus will take care of you, and will make you visit catacombs with spanish comments. will he ?
Répondre
I don't know who KarlHungus is... I had to look up that reference. Anyway, where I come from (Miami), Spanish is the most useful 2nd language and everybody has to learn some in school. I used to be quite good at it, but I haven't studied it or spoken it much in years, so now I'm quite rusty. I can read it, and understand it if spoken slowly, and speak it like a caveman. Pues, todavà­a puedo hablar un poquito de espaà±ol.
I did study French for one year, but I don't remember much apart from some pronunciation.

So I guess that's a "no" from you? :|
Nobody expects...
Répondre
Dude, this really is a short notice request. Sorry, but I got some stuff already planned this week-end, but I would have met up with you if I had'nt.
Plus I work from monday to tuesday, so I really can't do nothing to help you in your quest for company.

But (there is always a but...), when you say you'll be back to Paris at the end of the month, do you have any precise idea when exactly? If this second passage includes a weekend, and if this weekend is not the 30 july to 1 of august week end, I can find you some time/friends/stuff to do.
Qui n'a point bu,

Boira

Ronflard - Pièces détachées
F2R - Sois répute

Répondre
I won't be available either (living in Montreal...) but here's my suggestion: since you have map, access, and the rest, feel free to start exploring alone (that's what I personnaly did the first times) and you'll find people there to show you the best spots.
« À faire l'amour avec la terre, j'ai enfanté des p'tits vers blancs » - Jacques Higelin
Répondre
Get lost !
Répondre
Abdul El Razad a écrit :Dude, this really is a short notice request.
Yeah, I know. Sorry. Sad

Abdul El Razad a écrit :But (there is always a but...), when you say you'll be back to Paris at the end of the month, do you have any precise idea when exactly? If this second passage includes a weekend, and if this weekend is not the 30 july to 1 of august week end, I can find you some time/friends/stuff to do.
My train ticket back to London is at 8 in the morning on the 31st, so at least the day before. I'm kind of just making things up as I go along.

Cavannus a écrit :I won't be available either (living in Montreal...) but here's my suggestion: since you have map, access, and the rest, feel free to start exploring alone (that's what I personnaly did the first times) and you'll find people there to show you the best spots.
Well, that's what I might have to do. I just thought it would be more fun to make some new friends.

Tristan a écrit :Get lost !
Why the hostility and rudeness? I'm not asking for any sort of access info, and I'm perfectly capable of doing this on my own. I just thought it would be more fun to make some new friends along the way, and a former Parisian recommended this forum to me. I hope you're not representative.

Thanks to Abdul and Cavannus for your helpful and understanding responses! Big Grin
Nobody expects...
Répondre
Cardinal Awol a écrit :
Why the hostility and rudeness? I'm not asking for any sort of access info, and I'm perfectly capable of doing this on my own. I just thought it would be more fun to make some new friends along the way, and a former Parisian recommended this forum to me. I hope you're not representative.
It is not hostility, it is an advice: getting lost in the catacombs is the best way to know them and appreciate them. If you would have spoken french, you would have seen what is hostility and rudeness when french dudes ask for the same kind of things Wink
Good luck
Répondre
Have you ever heard talking about the BHV Institute of professional Cataphily ?

Did you know you need to be graduated to access the prohibited catacombs under Paris ?

-Bhv-
-Allo Allah ?... C'est Ali ?... Ahmed alors !-
Répondre
elpopo a écrit :
Cardinal Awol a écrit :
It is not hostility, it is an advice: getting lost in the catacombs is the best way to know them and appreciate them. If you would have spoken french, you would have seen what is hostility and rudeness when french dudes ask for the same kind of things Wink
Good luck

Entering the cybercommunity of ckzone is much harder than actually visiting the catacombs. First time is always painful.

Have a nice visit.
Répondre
Bhv a écrit :Have you ever heard talking about the BHV Institute of professional Cataphily ?

Did you know you need to be graduated to access the prohibited catacombs under Paris ?

-Bhv-
Yep I graduated. :wink:

elpopo a écrit :
Cardinal Awol a écrit :
Good luck
Well then thanks for the advice!

catageek a écrit :Entering the cybercommunity of ckzone is much harder than actually visiting the catacombs. First time is always painful.

Have a nice visit.
Yes, I have discovered this! XD

I went into the catacombs the other day with a forum member and it was great! We were down there for about 9 or 10 hours and went all the way from the south edge to the north. I am going again soon by myself. It was a lot of fun meeting people though.
Nobody expects...
Répondre
hey we are both beginners but we would be happy to explore with you for the first time. We don't know where to go but we do speak French. What do you think?
Répondre
Comme s'il suffisait de parler anglais pour avoir des infos :mrgreen:
Cataphilement
Répondre
rioacid54 a écrit :hey we are both beginners but we would be happy to explore with you for the first time. We don't know where to go but we do speak French. What do you think?

Well, this is what I did, and what I think you should do:

1) Do some other underground stuff like drains or mines, which are not such a big secret. Take pictures.
2) Join an underground forum and post your pictures/reports. I have been a member of some UK drain forums for a while.
3) Use Google to find a map of the catacombs and get it printed up big. If you can't find one, look harder.
4) Once you have been a member of the forum for a long time and people know they can trust you, PM someone knowledgeable and say you have a map, but need a good entrance point for the catacombs.
5) Join a French catacombs forum (CKZone) to find some friends for company, or just go alone.

I didn't just come here with no proof of experience, no map, and no access info. I had all that. I could have gone alone. I was just looking for someone to hang out with. People need to feel like they can trust you before they tell you how to get in. I went in the catacombs again the other day and came across some morphine addicts who were stealing bones, and they tried to take my map. People want to make sure that no more losers like that can get in. I do sympathize with you, and I am very grateful to the guys from CKZone who took me with them. But I don't live in Paris, so I don't feel like I have any right to give away Parisian secrets to people that I don't know well. Maybe if someone else here says it is ok. But I am leaving Paris soon. Also, I am happy to take responsibility for my self and can read the map well, but I would feel a little uncomfortable taking responsibility for guiding a stranger. It would probably be better for you to go with someone who knows the catacombs better.

I need to buy a carbide lamp!

Usa

EDIT: And it doesn't really matter what language you speak. That's less important than being a trustworthy person. People don't really need to speak the same languages fluently to hang out together.
Nobody expects...
Répondre
Faut que je potasse mais cours d'anglais pour comprendre ce que vous dîtes. Icon_lol
Répondre

Sujets apparemment similaires…
Sujet Auteur Réponses Affichages Dernier message
  Among Us in the Catacombs ! In the Cyberpunk 2077 universe. Hugo3615 7 921 Mar. 12 Mars 2024, 17:51
Dernier message: BiBi
  je me suis tres enteressant dans l'histoire des catacombs. napole0ninrags 13 16 359 Dim. 13 Août 2023, 17:04
Dernier message: Napole0ninrags2.0
Thumbs Up Catacombs Paris Adam Borowiak 3 5 007 Jeu. 09 Mai 2019, 12:49
Dernier message: Georges V
  Catacombs tour October or November mccoval 5 9 310 Dim. 22 Oct. 2017, 14:26
Dernier message: mccoval
  Catacombs tour in September pkubaj 6 9 927 Mar. 25 Juil. 2017, 21:53
Dernier message: Georges V
Question Partys and concerts in the Catacombs? Somsguy 6 11 930 Lun. 07 Mars 2016, 23:15
Dernier message: Aga
  Paris Catacombs Joshhallen31 14 16 810 Mar. 19 Jan. 2016, 14:26
Dernier message: Yannouuu
Bug catacombs again....hopefully! Al Jacobson 31 40 535 Dim. 18 Mai 2014, 18:21
Dernier message: saintloup
  catacombs scross 9 13 583 Mar. 30 Oct. 2012, 15:26
Dernier message: Abdul El Razad
  map of the catacombs - has anyone done so? Colin Heacock 15 14 680 Sam. 24 Nov. 2007, 23:15
Dernier message: phantomass

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)